Job ID: #25091
Project: PC and Console Games
OPM’s client is a currently seeking a talented and experienced Senior OR Lead Level Designer to join their passionate team to begin work on their upcoming title.
The successful candidate will support/lead the studios team of level designers across two projects.
· Strong working experience as a Level Designer with a minimum of one shipped PC/Console title in a Senior/Lead level design role
· Excellent experience using level editing tool
· Expertise using node-based visual script logic
· Background supervising a level design team or part of a team
· Excellent communication skills and organisational abilities
· Analytical approach to problem solving
· Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
· Enthusiasm for ongoing learning and self-development.
· Strong experience using Unreal Engine 4 or equivalent engines
· In-depth understanding of developer tools & software
· Lead, manage, mentor and develop, the Level Design team
· Add to the studio's internal dialogues on various design issues and giving feedback and suggestions to other Level Designers on their work
· Become the key driver and agent of change to improve processes, prototype new tools, example levels and workflows for the Level Design department
· Collaborate with other level designers and contribute to their development / help with mentoring
· Understand the high-level vision of the game and be able to translate the vision into level design standards that can be used by others to build all of the levels in the game.
· Recognize and manage risks within the schedule with Production.
· Collect, process and appropriately implement feedback from internal and external playtesting
· Scripting / Programming in the game engines code language
· Design new tools using the game engines code language
· Make Designs proposals and implement designs in the game engine, using tools provided by the engine
· Design Content in the engine using given tools and 3D objects
· Test and correct designs made using the game engine/software
· Produce documentation related to the designs, for support and training
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!
Categories: Creative , Design
Mental health is an issue that runs very close to our hearts at OPM, so we’ve decided to compile a…
We’re proud to be partnering with MCV/Develop to bring you the 2022 30 Under 30 – this time with a…
Copyright © 2022 OPMjobs Ltd. 408 Wellington House, 90-92 Butt Rd, Colchester, CO3 3DA, United Kingdom