OPM are partnered with a fantastic F2P Games Development Studio based in Central London who are seeking a new Lead Gameplay Programmer as they take on more exciting projects.
Our client is looking for a Lead Gameplay Programmer to join their team. You will be leading the gameplay team of one of our successful games within a cross-functional game team.
- Leading development across a variety of projects related to game programming Including; gameplay, player controls, game simulation behaviours, AI, meta-game behaviour, user interface, visual effects, audio effects, analytics hooks, and social features
- Guide a team of gameplay programmers, using your knowledge and insight to give them support into how best to build new features, improve team collaboration and develop their skills.
- Designing and writing code in a sustainable and easily updatable manner, ready for post-launch updates in response to customer feedback, and maintaining this ethos across the development team
- Writing tools where necessary to empower artists and designers to make the game as much as possible, and providing mentoring and support to other programmers from junior to senior level
- Have overall responsibility for the stability, architecture and runtime performance of the game
- Be actively involved in design discussions, team resourcing decisions and prototyping
- Excellent technical design and code skills in C#
- Proven commercial Unity games development experience, preferably in mobile games but console or PC also considered
- At least 3 commercial titles developed in Unity from start to release, having gone through a full QA cycle, and preferably beyond post-release support developing updates or DLC
- Previous experience leading and/or mentoring junior, intermediate and senior programmers
- Passion/interest for making mobile games and exploring new approaches to development within the Free to Play field
- A proactive mindset, with a desire to have a big impact, anticipate requirements and issues and take ownership for your work
- Natural trait for leading, with a passion for supporting and bringing out the best in people around you
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 426!