This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: PC & Console Games
OPM are proud to be working with multiplatform developer based in Stockholm, who are now working on their move ambitious project to date creating a 3rd Person CO-OP Shooter for next-gen platforms.
They are seeking a Lead Gameplay Programmer you to take on the overall management and development of their Gameplay Programmers, choosing tech solutions alongside implementing the tech/gameplay in a hands-on capacity.
- Strong professional experience in game development with at least one full development cycle on a shipped AAA title.
- Professional experience as a lead or manager of a team of programmers.
- Superb C/C++ skills.
- Professional experience with multiplayer game programming, preferably in a peer-to-peer environment.
- Can produce dynamic systems that interact with each other in an emergent way.
- Great familiarity of game technologies such as physics, animation, artificial intelligence and the ability to use them to produce fun and emergent gameplay.
- Solid 3D math skills in linear algebra, vectors, and matrices.
- Good understanding of kinaesthetic appeal.
- Good English communication skills.
- Overall management and development of a team of Gameplay Programmers.
- Work with Designers and Creative Directors to translate game design into engaging gameplay features and tasking these to the Gameplay Programmers.
- Implement, maintain, and take part in designing game systems like combat, objectives, items, controls, and interaction.
- Help fellow coders in verifying solutions, advise on sound technical options and select the right technical solutions.
- Prototype ideas to test validity of features, identify technical opportunities and obstacles and promote coding quality.
- Build high quality, well-structured solutions with memory, performance and network stability considered.
- Regularly play test and provide feedback on the game.
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Experience working with character scripting, animation state machines, animation blending and similar techniques.
- Familiarity with component-based programming and peer-to-peer networking.
- Flexible working times.
- Generous vacation, entitled to six weeks paid vacation each year.
- Pension fund.
- Life and occupational injury insurance as well as guaranteed quick access to health specialists.
- Massage at the office every other week.
- Weekly wellness activity hour and yearly wellness allowance.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 422!