Job ID: #11555
This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Known for their award-winning games, our client based in London is looking for an exceptionally talented Lead Gameplay Programmer to lead their successful team.
Reporting to the Technical Director, the Lead Gameplay Programmer will manage a growing team of experienced Gameplay coders and drive through all aspects of an ‘AAA’ game’s gameplay requirements in accordance with the Technical Director’s lead. Working and managing the team every day, the Lead Gameplay Programmer will enforce and inform the Technical Director’s vision of the project, hold reviews and provide feedback to the team, lead-by-example, and push the boundaries of coding for video games.
• Work very closely with the Game Director and other leads to understand and establish the vision and demonstrate this to the team.
• Lead a team to excellence with industry wide renown in the creative vision for the project.
• Be a role-model for the coders by emphasizing project and company goals, implementing gameplay features to a high quality, providing feedback on performance and mentoring.
• Train coders in the team. Be well aware of the ‘state of the art’ and assess new trends and emerging techniques.
• Manage the Gameplay programmers on your team, including regular one-on-ones and performance reviews.
• Manage the Gameplay code schedule and bugs to minimise risk and ensure smooth running of the department.
• Oversee, advise and drive the whole Gameplay team to ensure quality results and efficient working practices.
• Work closely with other departments and give direction and feedback on requirements for the gameplay features being implemented.
• Advanced understanding and programming experience in C++.
• Experience working on and shipping at least three AAA video game titles.
• Experience shipping at least one AAA title as a Lead.
• A good understanding of modern gameplay techniques as used in AAA games and proven professional experience.
• Console experience essential and Unreal Engine experience is an advantage.
Categories: Programming , Technical
Do you have a passion for promoting unique, artistic and creative titles made separate from big studios? If so, then…
If you have a passion for games, know multiple languages and want to help bring games to wider audience, then…
Copyright © 2020 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom