OPM are working with a Scottish based Developer looking for a Lead Game Programmer where you would work in crafting amazing games for tablet and mobile devices. Their expertise covers everything from live, server based free-to-play games to standalone premium titles.
You will be required to work closely with other team members, especially those on your programming team, leading by example to ensure a high level of programming standards are achieved and maintained across their project. You will also be responsible for delivering your project on time and to the highest industry standards.
- Good degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Detailed knowledge of development tools and techniques relating to game development across a wide variety of platforms.
- Experience of game development using C++.
- Good understanding of Java, JNI, Objective-C and C# a distinct advantage.
- Strong maths and 3D programming skills a distinct advantage.
- Ability to work both individually and lead a small team.
- Working knowledge of the game development process.
- Candidates must have at least one shipped title and will ideally have extensive experience working on PC, console, handheld or mobile gaming platforms.
- Deliver accurate time estimates for the programming tasks on a project for scheduling purposes.
- Ensure project deliverables are finished on time and to the highest possible quality standards.
- Organise and delegate all programming tasks on the project team based on the best use of available resources.
- Communicate project requirements, technical strategy and implementation approach on an ongoing basis with the programming team.
- Ensure the programming team are adhering to programming standards and lead and manage code review.
- Organise deliverable content for internal and external deliverables, ensuing deliverable are to specification and on time.
- Identify problems and suggest work around solutions before they impact project delivery.
- Demonstrate excellent time management and organisational skills. Setting an example for the rest of your team.
- Support the project in the creation of required documents, attending client meetings/conference calls and demonstration of the project where required.