Job ID: #24465
This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Our client is seeking an experienced UE4 Programmer, who enjoys working in interdisciplinary teams in a fast-paced atmosphere. The successful candidate will join the team on a new F2P multiplayer shooter full of innovation.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading and mentoring a talented and highly motivated team of game designers and support them in the creation of high-quality shooter mechanics, systems and workflows. The lead game designer will drive the notion of elegant and comprehensive design that exceeds player expectations and that are both practical and pragmatic to prototype and implement.
· Overseeing the entirety of the game’s design, including shooter mechanics, progression systems, social systems and monetization
· Function as the design department lead, responsible for managing their designers, defining a coherent design culture and processes across teams, and representing the department to other departments and stakeholders
· Work with the creative director and other department leads to realize the project's creative vision
· Ensure the design documentation is compelling, clear and well communicated to all disciplines
· Able to balance innovation and cutting-edge design with feasibility limited by technical constraints and business parameters
· Providing feedback and practical mentoring to team members to foster their development as game designers and developers
· Leading by example: able and willing to carry out design discipline and implementation work when it makes sense to do so
· Collaborate with Business Intelligence and interpret player data to support project-wide decisions
· As versatile design lead, you are able to look at the big picture as well as zoom into the microscopic details of our game
· Extensive game industry experience, with management experience
· Shipped at least 1 FPS as a lead designer or senior designer
· Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
· Familiarity with modern 3D game engines and related editing tools
· Able to work harmoniously with a diverse team and handle the tensions inherent in creative undertakings
· A deep understanding of major elements of game design: system design, level design, character mechanics, AI, narrative, interface, balance and difficulty and progression systems
· Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
· Excellent creativity and demonstrated ability to generate innovative concepts, mechanics and ideas
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!
Categories: Creative , Design
If you are interested in the idea of bringing unique characters and worlds to life, then game animator jobs are…
One of the most important jobs in game development is that of a game programmer. Without this role, any story…
Copyright © 2021 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom