This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Mobile & Console Game
OPM is excited to be working with this leading digital and social games publisher, who are seeking a Lead Game Designer to join their team.
They create games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 157 million monthly users they operate their own established franchises and partner with major entertainment companies. Their games have been distributed in over 100 countries and employs thousands of people worldwide.
- Extensive experience as a Game Designer, including with experience as a Lead Game Designer or main Designer for core gameplay on mobile platforms
- Previously shipped at least 2 successful titles in a Lead or Senior Game Designer role
- Adept in all aspects of game design such as gameplay, balancing, and reward system, etc.
- Ability to concisely express ideas, formulate and develop complex concepts
- Capable of providing focused and inspiring leadership, and able to motivate a design team
- Up to date with the mobile market and trends
- Capability to hold a strong creative vision while also keeping that vision agile
- Strong visual creativity and passionate about developing games
- Excellent English language
- University degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Knowledge of object oriented and programming languages
- Experience with Next Gen platforms
- Cooperate with the Creative Director, Studio Manager, Senior Producers, and team leads to define the game vision and execute on that vision.
- Direct the tone, gameplay and meta structure of the project with a focus on innovation, while leveraging a healthy F2P ecosystem
- Cooperate with gameplay designers to ensure that game designs meet quality requirements and documentation standards.
- Set creative goals and deliverables; lead and focus endeavours across the design team to ensure a cohesive experience across the game and service.
- Foresee risks to quality and innovation and work effectively with the team leads to mitigate.
- Develop and maintain a cooperative relationship with Art, Technology, Audio and Production that ensures best practice in the production process.
- Coordinate and direct level design teams, to ensure the fluid synergy between mechanics and progression through the game.
- Distribute, coordinate, and plan resources in cooperation with managers and producers.
- Foresee recruitment needs of designers and participate in the recruitment process.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!