This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: PC Strategy Games
OPM are proud to be working with a globally recognised developer based in the historic city of Mainz, Germany. This AAA studio are responsible for some of the most successful and well-known IPs in the Games Industry and are seeking a Lead Game Designer/Creative Director to join development on an upcoming strategic PC city-builder title.
The successful candidate will be responsible for guiding and mentoring a brilliant and extremely motivated team of designers and assist them in the creation of workflows, techniques, and AAA game systems.
- Extensive professional experience within game design; having shipping at least one AAA title.
- Professional experience overseeing and leading a team.
- Solid game design skills and comprehensive understanding of total game design processes.
- Strong understanding of game production pipelines and knowledge with common scheduling, task, and issue tracking tools like: Perforce, Jira, etc.
- Strong organisational skills with the capability to think strategically.
- Great English language skills, both verbal and written. German language skills are an advantage.
- Capable of driving change and inspiring team members to create fresh ideas.
- Team player with a can-do attitude and enthusiasm to produce top quality content.
- Motivate, mentor, and challenge your team to develop their creative and technical skills.
- Plan, prioritise and set ambitious but reasonable goals and proper workflows for your team.
- Collaborate with the game director, production, and leads to drive project quality and ensure that all game design is in line with the project’s creative vision, technical guidelines, and standards.
- Maintain effective communication within the team to ensure everyone’s alignment and full engagement with the project’s goals.
- Provide frequent reviews and meaningful feedback on performance and development to team members in a clear and constructive manner.
- Establish an environment which allows for open dialogue and encourages new creative ideas, participation, and effective cooperation of all team members.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of work methods and pipelines.
- Assist recruitment of team members and plan the team’s strategic growth and development.
- Flexible working hours.
- External training and education.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Corporate benefits.
- Support for childcare
- Free bike rental.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!