Job ID: #26078
OPM’s client are famous for their outstanding, team-based multiplayer games that inspire friendship, competition and teamwork.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the complete game design of an entire product or, for bigger projects, a large area of that product, driving end to end implementation across the team.
· A passion for making and playing video games.
· An understanding of all aspects of design with mastery in many areas including: feedback, controls, balance, narrative, game-feel, retention, usability, on-boarding, social mechanics and player motivation
· Industry experience in a Lead position during the process for releasing a AAA title.
· The ability to work independently without close supervision and strong problem solving skills.
· Leadership experience, including the running of a multi-person design team; people-management, mentoring, line-management.
· Experience writing high quality and thorough design documentation.
· Knowledge of industry trends in regard to genres, gameplay, development models, and financial models.
· Experience of prototyping gameplay mechanics using UE4, Unity, or similar.
· Experience with 3DSMax, Maya, or other professional 3D modelling software.
· Establish and evangelise the game vision, defining quality targets and validating the quality targets of others.
· Create and realise a unified game experience.
· Create and maintain documentation including the GDD and wiki pages.
· Communicate outwards to press, communities and fans in various formats from live appearances to pre-recorded interviews to forum engagements.
· Manage, mentor & coach Senior & Regular Game Designers.
· Define and implement feature optimizations and tuning plans.
· Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family.
· Get mental health support from trained Mental Health First Aiders.
· 24/7 employee assistance helpline.
· 25 days of annual leave, plus 8 public holidays and annual closure between Christmas and New Year’s.
· Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave.
· Enhanced company pension contributions.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!
Categories: Creative , Design
Mental health is an issue that runs very close to our hearts at OPM, so we’ve decided to compile a…
We’re proud to be partnering with MCV/Develop to bring you the 2022 30 Under 30 – this time with a…
Copyright © 2022 OPMjobs Ltd. 408 Wellington House, 90-92 Butt Rd, Colchester, CO3 3DA, United Kingdom