Project: AAA Console & PC Games
OPMs client, is an internationally minded AAA development studio based in the vibrant city of Copenhagen. They are currently seeking a Lead Game Designer to play a pivotal role leading a team on their new unannounced project.
The successful candidate will utilise your experience with the full cycle game development process to lead a team to execute and develop game design which stresses the creative vision and direction of the game.
- Extensive experience as a Game Designer in the games industry, having published at least one title as lead
- Professional experience in the full development cycle of a AAA title, from concept to launch
- Experience managing a team of game designers, and able to give and receive direction
- Capable of developing plans and giving clear and concise guidance to both internal and external team members
- Problem-solving attitude, able to look past immediate technical limitations
- Responsive to creative changes, using an analytical approach to deal with changes
- Appropriate education with regards to game design
- Professional experience designing third person action games
- Demonstrable experience implementing combat systems and player cameras
- Demonstrable track record e.g. in published games, on personal website, or on YouTube
- Lead a team of designers to execute the vision of the title
- Determine standards and execute on how to document game mechanics
- Cooperate with cross discipline teams to implement game systems and gameplay mechanics
- Oversee and mentor a team of game designers
- Act as the bridge between the game management team and design team, ensuring expectations are clear
- Utilise their proprietary tools to design, prototype and test gameplay mechanics while recognising chances for improvement
- Operate effectively where you must balance hands-on implementation, and direction
- Maintain and oversee game features and make sure that they are represented properly throughout the game
- Creating rules for reward systems and game achievements
- Deliver content within quality requirements, on time, and within technical constraints
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!