This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
As Lead Environment Artist you’ll oversee the Environment Art team, working in conjunction with the Art Director and Art Manager to plan work for the team and ensure our high-quality bar is realised. You will also have experience in the technical aspects of your craft, including materials, asset optimisation and various production found within environment art, as well as being comfortable communicating with technical departments.
- Lead, motivate and inspire your team and to maintain and push the visual quality while delivering within the production needs.
- Management of the Environment team, including holding regular check-ups, setting objectives, looking after the wellbeing of the team, and providing the support that might be needed in their daily work.
- A point of contact for your team and drive the visual & push the quality in conjunction with other lead artists and Art director.
- Act as hiring manager building the team depending on the project needs together with the Art manager and Art producer.
- Multiple shipped titles, Ideally in AAA,
- Experience with previous titles, seeing production from initial phase to delivery
- Strong interest in self-development of managerial skills, overseeing the work of other team members and mentoring and developing them.
- Understand the importance of communication and collaborative problem-solving skills. Representing the team and being their voice in discussions across the project.
- Work together with Producer and Art manager to develop a strategy, coordinate Environment art resources, schedules and priorities based on project needs.
- A strong understanding of technical aspects for Environment creation together with a proactive drive for efficiency in work methods & the maintenance of high standards
- Good understanding of current generation production workflows in relation to different aspects of the environment art production.
- Able to provide clear and consistent feedback and critique based on art direction and any technical considerations.
- Good technical knowledge of all the process that goes into production of an environment from Asset production, scene composition to material creation.
- Portfolio showcasing your proficiency within the craft.
- Keen interest in games and game design beyond art.