Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
Lead Environment Artist – AAA Console and PC RPG – Canada
Location: Edmonton, Canada Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: # Posted: 4 years ago
Electronic Arts, Bioware
OPM are working with one of the leading Games Developers in Canada responsible for developing some of the best games in the industry.
They produce a wide range of RPGs and hugely successful massively multiplayer online games (MMOs)
- Work collaboratively with project leadership other discipline leads to understand and interpret the game’s requirements within the technical parameters of the platforms.
- Assist and support less experienced members of staff in their learning of good work practices, videogame technologies, software, art theory and the overall process of videogame production.
- Work with technical artists and engineers in the development and streamlining of tools and processes.
- Keep abreast of advanced techniques which could be used to improve the visual quality or production pipelines of current or future projects.
- Maintain awareness of studio-wide art and development issues.
- Maintain awareness of and disseminate information regarding organizational related structures, processes, plans and issues.
- Thorough knowledge of the game development process.
- Leadership experience working with cross discipline and external teams.
- Must exhibit excellent artistic skill and the ability to adapt to different artistic styles.
- Must demonstrate an excellent knowledge of relevant 2D and 3D software (Maya and Photoshop preferred).
- Must be autonomous while working on set tasks from the schedule.
- Must have the ability to problem solve and define best work practices within their assigned area of work.
- A keen eye for spatial composition, lighting and building believable scenes.
- An understanding of effective asset creation and optimization.
- Excellent ability to create textures and work with complex shaders.
- Previous experience creating high quality environments for Xbox One, high end PC and/or PS4 games.
- At least one AAA Title shipped
- Strong communication skills.
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Organic terrain and hard surface modeling experience.
- An avid gamer is a plus.
- Experience in architecture, interior or industrial design, or level design is also a plus
Categories: Art , Creative