This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Our client is looking for a Lead Environment Artist to be part of their creative team and work on ambitious Playstation4, Xbox One and PC games. This is a full-time position based in our Dublin office which involves working in an international environment.
The ideal candidate will have a great aesthetic eye, have strong technical understanding of environment assets and level creation, have proven leadership and mentoring abilities, be a great communicator and be able to take creative direction from the Art Director and Creative Director.
What you will be doing
- Oversee the creation of gorgeous realistic 3D environments for AAA projects
- Ensure all environments are optimised and built in accordance with the platforms technical limitations
- Review and deliver work in accordance with the project's artistic direction, and ensure unified look and consistent quality across all game environments
- Develop knowledge and expertise within their team while furthering their own performance and skillbase
- Provide mentorship, feedback, and training to others on the team
- Partner with design team to support encounters, narrative elements and objectives
- Help set up level art best practices and streamline production processes
- Identify project risks and problems and suggest relevant solutions
- Prioritise, plan and organise tasks for themselves and their team in conjunction with the Producer
- Delegate and assign work to team members using tracking tools such as Jira, Hansoft and Basecamp
- Assist with interviews and performance reviews
What you should have
- Extensive games industry experience with some in an art leadership role (shipped at least 1 AAA console title)
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating your environment work
- Proven leadership, team and people management skills
- Thorough understanding of the game creation process, from concept to launch.
- An in-depth understanding of effective asset creation and optimisation
- Expert knowledge in a 3D modeling software such as Maya, 3DSMax and Blender and sculpting software such as ZBrush and Mudbox
- Excellent knowledge in material and texture creation such as Substance Painter and Photoshop and a comprehensive understanding of PBR pipelines
- Strong sense of scene composition and visual storytelling, with a strong eye for lighting, colour and detail
- Passion for pushing the state of the art in asset fidelity and production techniques
- International travel may be required as part of the role