This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Open World PC / Console Game
OPMS client is currently looking to fill their DevOps Lead position, reporting directly to the Live Product Director, this is a key hire for the studio. As DevOps Lead, you will be responsible for the systems, architecture, and maintenance of the Live Ops stack for the studios upcoming title.
In this role, you will work closely with the networking, analytics, operations, customer care, and engine teams to build infrastructure to support the game’s live service stack, including, but not limited to Kubernetes, AWS, Kinesis, Perforce, Jenkins, and Helios. You will also be responsible for the initial hiring and onboarding of the Edinburgh dev ops team, including backend, client, and tools engineers, to ensure that all live tools are robust, reliable, and battle-hardened, prior to and after release of the game.
- Create Live Operational Architecture and SLAs, in conjunction with Live Ops Direction and Network Teams
- Gather requirements from live operations teams and create tools and services to support development, deployment, and live service.
- Maintain player-facing (support, community) and developer-facing (security, support, community, analytics) systems and integrations.
- Interface with Network and Engine teams to build, test, and optimise live server stacks and deployment pipelines.
- Hire, train, and mentor DevOps engineers, including server, tools, and frontend engineers.
- Create automation processes for development, testing, deployment, and scaling of live ops tools.
- Plan, execute, and analyse load and stress tests across live ops tools and systems.
- Ensure high uptime on all game operations systems.
- Report, communicate, and own server cost control in coordination with Product Direction and Networking stakeholders.
- Cooperation, communication, and coordination with both internal and external partners.
- Extensive experience in a live gaming DevOps environment, preferably PC/Console games.
- Expertise in CI/CD pipelines
- Expertise in building, maintain, and managing cloud infrastructure, network stacks, and integration.
- Experience with client and infrastructure or tools stack monitoring in a 24/7 always-on service environment.
- Experience with Windows development environments.
- Experience in building and maintaining cloud and bare metal infrastructure.
- Experience in managing network stacks and firewalls.
- Experience with Kubernetes or other similar platforms.
- Experience with AWS or other similar platforms.
- Experience working with Unreal, Lumberyard, Unity, CryEngine, or similar game engines in a DevOps or Tools environment.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, in English.
- Team management experience, at a Senior, Lead, or Mentor level.
- Experience in agile operational practices.
- A desire to work in a unique “AAA Start-up” environment – we run lean, and expect that you know when to jump in, when to delegate, and when to seek external solutions.
- Project Architecture and Planning acumen.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study (Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology, etc.) or equivalent experience
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214422!