OPM are working with a global name in the Games Industry responsible for developing some of the most successful titles on the market today.
They are currently looking for a Lead Data Engineer to build last-mile global reporting solutions that depict player evolution year-over-year in their AAA titles, innovate real-time delivery methods, and collaboratively compete for the industry-leading data program – all while serving needs of teams on the cutting edge of game development.
You will build systems to process petabytes of data into pipelines for user-facing environments and applications. Performant, optimized, and scalable will be characteristics of your iteratively delivered next generation ETL applications. Services that integrate with your work will drive operations of top game studios for daily decisions on popular franchises.
Your efforts will include a mix of open-source and proprietary technologies such as Hive/Hadoop, C# .Net, HDFS, SQL Server, Spark, OLAP and those selected for new systems in consultation with many other engineers and analysts that inform your efforts. You will empower hundreds of co-workers to dive deeply into what makes their games and experiences unique to deliver narratives about pioneering opportunities for our game development teams.
- Design, model, develop and maintain data sets to support reporting analytics and exploratory analysis.
- Capable of understanding and contributing to the technical solution from design through to code level
- Contribute to technical design and ongoing development of our custom ETL solutions and analytics platforms and help drive continuous improvement of design and delivery standards.
- Work with big data developers to build scalable and supportable infrastructure.
- Assess, recommend and support the implementation available and emerging big data technologies.
- Working closely with Technical Director and Data Architect to produce accurate delivery estimates and manage the transition from analysis through to design and delivery
- Participate in in-depth conversations with stakeholders to understand their business needs and priorities and promote and explain the use of our platform among analytics teams and other internal groups.
- Inspire the team to continue technical skills development.
- Provide regular and effective progress updates to and work closely with the Technical Director to ensure the management of any delivery risks or issues
- Participate in reviews and meetings and provide updates on project progress
- Take responsibility for ensuring that risks and issues are identified and managed closely and drive all stakeholders to deliver on time and to the required quality standards
- Work closely with relevant teams internally to ensure alignment and coordination across operations as part of the seamless implementation of existing and new systems
- Contribute to post implementation reviews helping to demonstrate success
- Ownership, development and management of allocated departmental processes
- Work on a wide range of projects involving the implementation of new and existing systems, solutions and processes
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering or similar
- Experience of people management and the ability to lead and influence others
- Experience in a variety of software development approaches and methodologies including Agile and Waterfall
- Experience in both architecture and implementation-level software design
- Experience working with big data technologies including HDFS, Hive, Spark, Storm and Impala.
- Experience in the development of software using C#, .Net and SQL Server technologies
- Experience in the physical and logical design of database architecture for relational databases, data warehouses and data lakes.
- Experience with database optimization, data replication, database recovery, DR failover and H/A solutions and performance tuning.
- Experience with distributed computing using a cloud-based tech stack on platforms such as AWS and Azure.
- Able to influence and drive projects to meet key milestones and overcome challenges
- A desire to remain technically capable and an expert in current technologies