This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Console/PC Games
Our client is seeking an experienced Lead Concept Artist to join a studio evolving the games industry by being different.
As you the Lead Concept Artist, you will work closely with their Leadership Team to create, develop, and deliver high-quality concept art, preserve the established vision.
- Degree or professional experience in the game industry
- Have shipped 1 or more Console/PC titles as a studio-based Concept Artist
- Experience managing a concept team
- Solid Experience as a senior concept artist and a high-quality portfolio to go with it
- Solid understanding of art and design essentials and skills, including drawing, anatomy, composition, perspective, light, colour, functional design
- Knowledge of game development, art creation pipelines and workflows
- Passion for world-building, contextual narrative, and storytelling
- Ability to give and receive feedback and adapt to the visual direction
- Ability to analyse and deconstruct visual style and direction
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Able to work in multiple artistic styles
- High levels of aesthetic ability, judgement, and eye for detail
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop
- Oversee and mentor career development to concept art team members
- Conduct 1 to 1's with direct reports
- Responsible for creating and iterating on ideas whilst preserving the artistic vision
- Preserving quality and consistency throughout the concept team
- Fast concept and iteration of ideas across all aspects of the brief
- Managed the day-to-day activities of the Concept Team
- Create concepts from early production to final render
- Provide feedback through paint overs
- Experience creating art style / visual development documents
- Manage the production of all internal publishing/marketing material
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 417!