Our client is looking for an experienced Lead Community Manager join their growing community team to work on some of the industry’s biggest and most-loved games.
In this role you will be managing a team of Community Managers, helping to create communication strategies, engaging with the communities in game, on the forums and in-person at events, as well as creating and developing process and best-practice while helping others to grow and develop their own skill sets. You’ll be guiding a team of people as they engage in considered and regular communication, while working on creating interesting and engaging content for the community. You’ll act as a liaison between the studio and the community, making sure all important feedback is communicated effectively both ways.
- Strategy development and execution– working closely with, and reporting directly to, the Head of Communications, you will help create and execute social and community communication strategies for titles and the brand
- People Management– leading a team of Community Managers, you will ensure that the SoComs strategies are implemented and delivered, and will create processes to monitor and report on community team activity and community sentiment
- Networking – as a core part of the role, you will build and maintain relationships with influencers and video content creators to further amplify coverage of titles
- Content Creation – working closely with the development teams, other key stakeholders and the community team, deliver community content for social media channels, forums, and livestreams
- Streaming &Community engagement – engaging with the community on forums, livestreams, audio podcasts, and forward facing events; becoming a trusted point of communication both internally and externally, supporting community driven content and bringing players together
- Process and best practice implementation– building on those already in-place, you will help to build and solidify work processes, while utilising time/task management systems
- Reporting– creating community reports for internal use, monitoring community sentiment, monitoring progress towards key performance indicators and team development, and ensuring the publishing and development teams understand the main successes and activities of the community team
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong interpersonal communication qualities and social skills
- Good time and people management skills
- Well-organised and process-driven
- Fantastic written communication skills
- Team player; willingness to work flexibly across the team and pro-actively share feedback from the community with other functions e.g. Production
- Creative thinker, able to generate new and exciting ideas that excite the company and players alike
- Positive can-do attitude
- Understanding of, and interest in games
- Ability to personally engage in all of the ‘Key Responsibilities’ listed above, whilst understanding the importance of delegation/work and time management.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable Community Management experience ideally in the games industry and at a Senior/Lead level
- Experience creating communication campaigns, including forum engagement, social media management, influencer outreach, and in-game and out-of-game competition management
- Livestream and person-facing experience.
- Influencer/streamer/content creator/industry contacts list
- Previous experience in an international role