My client has an impressive back catalogue of action packed console and PC games, which have won numerous awards and reached both commercial and critical acclaim. We are looking for an exceptionally talented Lead Cinematic Animator who is ready for the challenge to take on board an industry wide established and recognised group of Cinematic Animators, to lead them forward into a new frontier of AAA cinematic storytelling for a new AAA titles.
- An exceptional understanding and demonstrative skills of storytelling and cinematography.
- Expert skills in interactive storytelling.
- Expert skills in cinematic lighting.
- Expert skills in Actor Direction, Motion Capture shoots, and AAA cinematic pipelines.
- Expert knowledge of games and up to date with all cutting edge story telling methods in
- Excellent knowledge in Motion Builder.
- Sequencer, Kismet, Matinee and general UE4 experience is beneficial.
- 3Ds Max experience is beneficial.
- Maya experience is beneficial.
- Lead the cinematics team with a fresh and solid creative vision for the project.
- Ensure high end Cinematic and Artistic quality of all scenes produced from the Cinematic team.
- Responsible for Directing actors and scenes in full performance captures.
- Meet strict production deadlines/goals.
- Conduct regular reviews.
- Manage the Cinematic Animation backlogs, bugs and risks in an effective manner, to
- ensure smooth running of the department.
- Oversee, advise and drive the Cinematic Animation team to ensure high quality results and efficient working practices.
- Be a role-model for all members of the Cinematic Animation team by emphasising project and company goals and providing regular feedback on performance.
- Be a mentor for junior members of the team.
- Build and maintain close working relations with the Animation and Art Directors.
- Liaise with key members of staff and dependency departments, to identify workflow issues and potential requirements.
- Be the spokesperson for Cinematics in house and externally (when it comes to press interviews and external partners).
- Distribute workloads to members of staff according to individual skillsets in a bid to get the best cinematic assets possible.
- Liaise closely with the Script, VFX, Audio, Character and Design teams
- Work closely with the Animation Director, Mocap, Character and TA Leads
- Build lighting rigs/sets for Cinematic scenes – working closing with the Lighting team for consistent goals.
- Breakdown scripts into storyboard/animatics for clarity and direction for the team (if and when required).
- Be an integral part of the actor hiring process when it comes to external body/face/voice actor searches.
- Review and fine tweak (where necessary) the final touches for all scenes produced by Cinematics.
- Scope, manage and run the Outsource plans for Cinematics when required.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Discretionary performance bonus scheme
- Long-service holiday reward
- Quarterly salary adjustment reviews
- Staff only merchandise store
- National Rail Season Ticket Travel Loan
- Overseas Relocation Support
If this sounds like your next career move get in touch today as we continuously review applications! To make an application please email your latest CV and Demo Reel link to email@example.com
Jon Norfolk | Art & Animation Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214425 |
Email: Jon@opmjobs.com |
Salary and benefits will be discussed at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.