Job ID: #23542
Project: AAA Console & PC Games
Our client is a major Games Developer with multiple studios in the UK. This studio is focused on creating fun console games around their world-famous IP.
As a Lead Character Rigger on the team, you will be creatively and technically leading the rigging team and work with multiple departments on a day-to-day basis. You will have the opportunity to work within the highly successful and creative Animation department producing high quality rigs and tools.
· Character Rigging / Script Demo Reel.
· Relevant degree or equivalent qualification in Animation.
· Comfortable working with large teams of animators.
· Deep knowledge of Maya.
· Familiar with Unity or Unreal Engine.
· Excellent understanding of Animation and Rigging principles, and the ability to practically utilise that understanding within Maya.
· Excellent understanding of MEL or Python scripting languages.
· Good C++ skills are an advantage
· Support all aspects of the Animation pipeline, with an emphasis on enabling the creative team with tools and control rigs and overcoming technical and repetitive tasks.
· Manage and direct the Character Rigging team across projects so that the tools and rigs are created to a high standard and in a timely manner.
· Advise Animation Heads of Department of resourcing requirements.
· Identify pipeline issues on a per project basis.
· Ensure assets created are stored in appropriate data repositories.
· Ensure that all assets are always well-organised and optimal.
· Use commercial and in-house tools to integrate characters, rigs and tools into the project data, ensuring data is functional and to a high standard.
· Request and develop enhancements of in-house tools for the team.
· Undertake relevant on the job training where required and keep up to date with industry advancements and technologies.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 425!
Categories: Animation , Creative
A Unity Developer brings their software expertise to tasks involving the Unity engine. The Unity engine is a run-time environment…
Now that the United Kingdom has left the European Union, it’s important to know what this means for UK companies…
Copyright © 2021 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom