My client is a AAA console games developer in Singapore, they are currently expanding in preparation for an upcoming title. We are looking for a Lead Character Artist who is ready for the challenge of producing a AAA title on the next generation platforms.
- Clear understanding of game development pipeline and workflow.
- Very good sense of human and animal anatomy and proportions.
- High proficiency in Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter, Photoshop and Unreal Engine 4.
- Experience as a Senior or Lead Character Artist on video game productions
- Solid knowledge in hi-poly modeling and digital sculpting
- Strong knowledge of low poly modeling techniques
- Very good texturing skills, mapping and normal map extraction techniques
- Ability to use efficiently the texture space and to take into consideration the pixel ratio
- Ability to understand technical constraints and to integrate them when modelling
- Good sense of form, shape, silhouette in regards to objects
- Passion for games and strong game culture
- Work closely with the Lead Artist and other departments to plan and contribute to the construction of massive worlds.
- Create and manage character art documents defining direction and workflow.
- Plan and execute the creation of characters.
- Actively participate in technical and aesthetic problem-solving discussions.
- Ensure good communication and coordination between art teams and other disciplines.
- Ensuring a consistent quality of work of the character team while staying on schedule.
- Prepare and monitor task schedules for art teams in conjunction with Discipline leads and Project Management teams.
- Mentor junior staff by providing training, guidance, and feedback.
- Review character assets produced by outsource teams and provide technical and aesthetic feedback.
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts.
- Management and project planning experience.
- Degree level qualification in relevant subject.
- Drawing and sculpting skills with traditional media are additional plus
If you’re interested in finding out more or would like to make an application, please get in touch by sending your CV along with a link to your portfolio to email@example.com