Genre: Action / Shooter Games for PC and Console
My client is an independently-owned studio on the outskirts of London, they are best known for crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. Work has started on an exciting new project and we are looking for a Lead Character Artist to lead a team of artists and define the look and feel of their heroes and villians!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As the Lead Character Artist you will work closely with the Art Director and Creative Director and be responsible for creating, establishing and maintaining high quality characters for the project.
- Highly experienced and proficient with 3D Studio MAX or Maya, Zbrush and Photoshop
- Strong 3D modelling (both organic and hard surface) and texturing skills
- Strong knowledge of mechanical construction and functionality (gear and weapons)
- Experience of character pipelines and efficient memory management of UVs, textures and vertices
- Highly experienced working with multiple texturing workflows for current (PBR) and previous generations, capable of creating well defined and readable realistic materials.
- Substantial examples of current and past work demonstrating a strong understanding of form, silhouette, shape, texture, colour and lighting
- Understanding of character preparation from modelling, rigging and skinning for animation
- Management of an experienced character art team
- Collaborate with Art and Design leads to create technically sound, engaging and memorable characters
- Define the visual quality in conjunction with other Lead Artists
- Ensuring character assets meet specifications provided by all relevant departments
- Able to accurately follow common goals putting the team first, whilst self-motivated and demonstrating initiative
- Motivate & inspire the art team ensuring they keep the artistic style & mood consistent with our defined visual style
- Manage the art team including holding regular 121s, setting objectives, looking after the team’s welfare and providing mentoring
- Maintain quality level, efficiency and consistency across the character team
- Minimum 3 shipped titles where credited as character artist
- Knowledge of real-time shaders
- Knowledge of rigging and skinning principles
- Experience working within Unreal engine 3+
- Knowledge of Substance Painter and Marvelous Designer a plus
ON OFFER IN RETURN:
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Contributory Private Pension Scheme
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Dental Cover
- Health Club and Spa Membership
- Flexible Working Hours
- Help with relocation
Interested in finding out more? Then call me on +44 (0) 1206 214425 or send me your CV and Portfolio link.