Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
Lead Character Artist – AAA Games – London
Location: London, UK Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: # Posted: 4 years ago
OPM’s very established client are looking to add to its family of permanent staff. They are looking for an exceptionally talented Lead Character Artist who is ready for the challenge of leading our character team to produce world class assets for our next AAA title.
- Lead the Character team to produce world-class quality characters.
- Work with the Character Master Lead Artist and the Art Director to help define the quality bar and style for the characters in our new title.
- Create visually stunning characters that work well during gameplay and cinematics.
- Communicate with other teams and disciplines.
- Encourage the character team to work as a unit.
- Comfortable communicating with external companies while balancing management of the internal team including:
- Creating packs and supporting documents for both internal and external teams.
- Quality control and providing clear & regular feedback.
- Managing the outsource pipeline.
- Be a role model for all members of the team, by setting an example of attitude and work culture.
- Provide regular feedback on performance and one on ones with the team.
- Build and maintain close working relations with the Art Leads and general Art department.
- Lead by the example by creating amazing looking characters.
- This role reports to the Character Master Lead Artist.
Understanding of PBR workflows.
- Advanced knowledge of these tools is a must:
- UE4 or a similar engine.
- Max or Maya
- Substance Painter
- Knowledge of Substance Designer is not required but is a bonus.
- Experience with the full asset pipeline from concept to final asset optimisation.
- Technically minded to help communicate our needs to the Technical Art teams.
- Experience being a Lead
- Ability to drive a team at both the management level and their personal development.
- Extremely capable of creating high-quality characters that look great in our game.
- Understand what it takes to make a visually compelling character that is appealing to the players.
- Maintain a high level of quality art throughout a large quantity of assets.
- Provide in-depth research, reference material, and paint overs when necessary.
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Extremely creative in bringing ideas and inspiring the team.
- Ability to work within deadlines and good time management.
- Passionate about creating and playing games.
Categories: Art , Creative