OPM’s client, a vigorous, ambitious and rapidly expanding developer and publisher of PC and console video games is currently looking for a Lead Audio Designer to work on their new IP in China. The studio is a market leader in the niche of free-to-play online multiplayer games.
- Design immersive and rich sound effects to engage players and drive the narrative
- Work with development team to create audio schedules, milestones, and creative direction that support the game
- Manage implementation of assets directly into the game engine and collaborate on the final game mix
- Facilitate clear and concise communication between sound and other game development disciplines
- Work closely with the game development studios to understand their vision and direction in creating a compelling audio that supports the narrative for the title
- Oversight on deliverables and workflow process of sound and dialog team with/ goal of driving excellence
- Implement sound design using middleware and scripting tools to bring the soundscape to life
- Sound design and mixing of cinematics in multiple formats and specs
- Work closely with game team developers and sound team members to deliver cohesive and compelling audio experiences
- Extensive years of experience in audio for AAA games
- 2+ shipped games as Audio Lead or Director
- Passion for game audio and the drive to implement top-rated game sound
- Work with Audio and Engineering staff to help expand audio tools or help establish new audio technologies that enhance the quality or the workflow pipeline
- Ability to quickly become proficient with proprietary game engine tools and production processes.
- Working knowledge of the game production pipeline in order to communicate effectively with team members
- Working knowledge of game engine and design tools, especially as they relate to sound
- Experience working with external vendors and setting budgets and schedules with those resources
- Expertise with Wwise or other middleware and/or proprietary audio engines and tools
- Possess strong time and team management skills
- Must be friendly, assertive, open-minded and able to make quality driven decisions within a dynamic production environment
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary dependant on their skills and experience.