This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Console & PC Games
OPM’s client is seeking an experienced Lead Audio Designer to join their talented team for work on their upcoming released based on a world-famous IP.
The successful candidate will set the audio direction for the game, they will also mentor a team of sound designers and set out new standards for the sound systems.
- Strong experience working in the AAA film or video game industry, having produced work for a minimum of one published title, in a leading role
- Leadership ability, able to manage an in-house team of sound designers, and guide them with qualified and constructive feedback
- Outstanding sound design skills both regarding technical understanding and creative solutions
- Experience working with one or more established game audio systems (F-Mod, WWise, Miles Sound System etc.)
- Professional recording experience – location and studio-based
- Knowledge and understanding of recording, integrating, and mixing audio for game projects
- Capability to respond elegantly to difficult creative changes, and work solution-oriented
- Deep passion and enthusiasm for making and playing games, and a very good understanding of the industry’s competitive landscape
- Showcase of previous work (E. g. in published games, on personal website or on YouTube)
- Creating and owning the audio direction and sound implementation that aligns with the general game vision, established in collaboration with the game management team
- Set benchmarks for sound design quality for the internal and external teams
- Make sure that game audio playback is as intended and fit for commercial release
- Define workflows, structures and the organization of all audio related content
- Lead a team of sound designers to deliver on the assignments at hand and within the established quality standard
- Be involved with the recruitment process and train new sound designers in the proper use of our tools
- Collaborate with programmers and designers to ensure outstanding audio reflecting the game vision
- Use the studio’s proprietary tools setting up audio (Wwise, Glacier2)
- Produce prototypes and sound intentions, proving audio set-ups and technical choices while identifying needs
- Produce sound effects and audio assets using pre-recorded material or synthesis, recording, foley recording etc
- Mixing – you will be the owner of the final quality in sound design and implementation
- Focus on technical development and implementation of sound, collaborate with audio programmers and spar on solution iteration
- Experience with linear sound or a sandbox storytelling game
- Experience supervising orchestral recording
- Experience supervising dialogue recording
- Degree in sound/audio design
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!