Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
Lead Artist – Sweden – Permanent – AAA Console Games
Location: Stockholm, UK Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: # Posted: 2 years ago
As the outstanding communicator and organizer you are, you will as the lead artist be responsible for managing art production, supervising art teams and reviewing all art content production towards AAA delivery. You will be an accomplished production-focused artist with a proven track record in the game industry and an excellent creative and technical ability. To accomplish this, you will work closely with Art Director, Art Manager and Producers to meet deadlines and product vision.
- Help the team technically and artistically to carry out the art director’s vision
- Work closely with outsourcing managers and level designers to ensure that the worlds the artists build not only look good, but also are functional game play spaces
- Ensure that art assets are delivered according to the product requirements
- Support the development of employees in the team
- Manage employees’ skills, and continue to develop processes, methods, and workflows
- You have extensive experience in the industry and a strong knowledge of the latest tools in game creation process (Substance, QUIXEL, Zbrush etc). You have the ability to lead teams and communicate fluently and efficiently with other departments. You communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
- Strong knowledge in Maya (or similar) and Photoshop
- Strong Knowledge in PBR shading
- Superb knowledge in normal map creation/baking process
- Deep understanding of Game Engines and dedicated platforms budget requirements
- Be able to inspire and motivate a large team of creative talent
- Have excellent communication skills, including tact and diplomacy
- Have conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
Categories: Art , Creative