Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
Lead Artist – Mobile Games – London
Location: London, UK Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: # Posted: 2 years ago
The games development company that we are working with are looking for a talented hands-on Lead Games Artist to work across a portfolio of live games and lead the artwork on new development projects. The Lead Games Artist will be responsible for the overall look of a game, devising the games visual style and directing the production of all visual material throughout a games development.
- Managing the team of artists and animators across the studio, inspiring them to produce their best work.
- Unifying art style and overall design within a product team.
- Leading and directing the visual style of the game for their product team.
- Responsible for accurate art estimates during the pre-production phase.
- Ensuring that all deliverables are met on time, to high standard and to budget.
- Collaborating closely with a product team including game designers, producers and developers.
- Have a passion for games and a good understanding of what makes a game visually appealing and fun to play.
The skills you hold:
You’re a very creative person with a passion for games. Your other skills include:
- Extensive experience in a senior art role for mobile platforms (iOS and Android).
- Great skills in 2D illustration, animation and user interface design.
- Ability to work in multiple varied art styles and adapt style for the target audience.
- A proven track record of creating appealing characters and environments.
- Excellent skills in the use of Adobe CS package.
- Experience with game engines, in particular Unity 3D.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Creating repeatable processes to improve efficiency.
- You must be able to present an extensive portfolio of work.
- A very good eye for detail.
- Calm under pressure with excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience in a leadership position
- Experience of working in an agile project environment.
Other desirable skills:
- The ability to optimise art and graphics within Unity to help game performance.
- Experience working with established brands and IPs
- Knowledge of ZBrush or Mudbox is advantageous.
- Experience in modelling and texturing environments using Maya / 3DS Max.
Categories: Art , Creative