Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
Lead Artist – Midlands, UK – Mobile Games
Location: Leamington Spa, United Kingdom Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: #23109 Posted: 2 years ago
Our client is looking for a talented Lead Artist to join their talented design team!
Within this role you will:
- Lead a small team of artists with the autonomy to make your impact with our support to help make it happen.
- Work closely with the product owners, directors, design and engineer teams to establish the production pipeline and best practices for the game art development.
- Help build a successful and proactive team of artists by pushing the quality bar with seasoned artists to mentoring and helping junior staff with their first ever game.
- Create visual benchmark assets to help drive and steer the quality bar for the art team to follow and aspire too throughout the games development.
- Take ownership of the milestone planning, day-to-day feedback communications, and final quality of deliverables from various external partners.
- Assess and manage all staff members career progression by helping with training and mentoring by continuous appraisals and feedback.
- Explore, assemble and discuss visual material to define and improve the visual style and contents of the game.
- Support and document game assets, creation, specifications to ensure consistency with the entire art team (internal and external).
- Always thinking about how we can be better.
We need you to have:
- Previous mobile games development experience as a Senior or Lead Artist on at least two shipped titles or similar.
- A diverse portfolio of game art styles and directions from casual mobile assets to high-end renders.
- Talent for mobile-focused development to create low-polygon models and textures. An expert of all aspects of a variety of 3D packages (Maya preferred, 3DsMax, Modo etc) including Animation, Rigging and Skinning.
- Ability to create textures to achieve a variety of style including hand-painted, photorealism or vectors as well as imparting that knowledge to your teammates.
- A deep understanding of lighting, surfaces, shaders and visual effects.
- Expert in Unity game engine when used in a mobile environment and performance constraints of modern mobile devices. (Knowledge of Unreal UE4 engine a bonus).
- Excellent communication skills as a leader, collaborator and mentor with a proactive approach to collaboration and feedback from others.
- Excellent communication skills, never afraid to ask questions and to help teammates with answering their own.
Categories: Art , Creative