Our Client is looking for a highly motivated and talented Lead Artist to join their art team. As the lead of a talented and passionate art team, you’ll work with concept, environment, animation, VFX and UI artists to establish, evangelize and drive the art style and visual storytelling of the project. The ideal candidate is an experienced artist with management experience.
- Ensure a solid art foundation, process and positive team dynamics to create a smoothly running art production team
- Champion the vision and quality bar for the Art team
- Create visual touchstone assets that inspire and set visual direction for others.
- Communicate feedback in a clear, effective, collaborative, and timely manner
- Understand, maintain, explore, and enhance our visual style guide
- Help make informed decisions with team leads on work methods, development pipeline, priorities, and available resources.
- Supervise the development of visual assets—graphics, motions, 3D elements—from concept to implementation.
- 5+ years’ experience in game art asset creation in a variety of software packages including some 3D software (Modo, Maya, 3DS Max, etc.), ZBrush, Photoshop and Substance Painter
- Extensive experience executing a cohesive visual style at high standards of quality
- Understanding of current techniques and processes utilized in creating AAA games
- Ability to setup, optimize, and effectively process and export assets into a game engine
- Ability to collaborate and utilize the strengths of other disciplines (tech, design, VFX) in order the advance the visuals of the game
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback to elevate the art team’s work
- Strong leadership and interpersonal abilities
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Art degree (BA, MA, etc.)
- Experience with JIRA, Hansoft and other Project Management Tools
- Experience in an Art Director or Lead Artist role
- Experience with Unreal Engine