Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Job Type: Permanent
Projects: Console Games
OPM are representing a studio that have recently been acquired and are now part of a very well -known developer based in Europe. They are in a period of growth and are looking to recruit a Lead Artist to join them on this journey.
As the Lead Artist you will be working closely with the Art Director and Producer to establish the vision and define the look and feel of several new unannounced games. You will also work closely with the team’s designers and artists to provide visual solutions to design challenges and create finished assets.
The Lead Artist will manage a team of artists and should wear many hats on a small, agile team on a variety of titles future, internal and published.
- Collaborate with Producers, Leads, and other managers to assemble and manage a quality art team
- Hands-on art development.
- Track and approve completed art assets.
- Responsible for leading, mentoring and developing the art team to create high-quality, optimized visuals and deliver a successful project on time
- Assist the Producer and the Leads in the creation and overall management of the art schedule and resource plans
- Help establish the visual identity for multiple projects.
- Support Leads and Producer to keep studio executive staff and/or marketing staff up to speed on product status and vision through the preparation and presentation of appropriate project materials (e.g., milestone updates, demos, etc.).
- Mentor and serve as a resource for the team.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- Worked on a minimum of 2 shipped titles as a Senior/Lead demonstrating a high visual bar for quality
- Prior game industry experience
- Experience as a Lead or a senior with mentoring
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-oriented attitude
- Understands game production design process and methodology.
- Ability to balance impacts of deadlines and resources with style and quality requirements of a title’s art direction.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems efficiently.
- Ability to maintain and hit deadlines in situations of intense schedules.
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Formal art education/qualification, with a foundation in traditional and digital art creation
- Working knowledge of 3DS Max/Maya/Zbrush
- Understanding of PBR workflow and or Substance Designer/Painter
- Good level of demonstrable Unreal Engine 4 experience
- Console game experience with preferable optimization knowledge
- Strong company values:
- Challenging and interesting work
- Flexible working hours
- Health Insurance
- Transportation Allowance
- Discounts in Gyms and Stores
- Social events and gatherings