Project: Console and PC titles
Our client is seeking a Lead Artist who will be to create high fidelity art and manage the Art team, in close collaboration with other disciplines’ Leads.
The successful candidate will work on a exciting new strategy games studio and are looking for a Senior/Lead Artist, for a new premium tactics game being developed
- Proven track record of previous contributions to successful titles, including several games made with Unity
- Good Technical Skills:
- Deep technical knowledge of Unity's art pipeline
- Proven ability to work within constraints of the engine and target platform
- Can define good working practices and pipelines for other team members to follow
- Ability to define texture, polygon and other rendering budgets
- Strong communication skills with other disciplines, include code and design
- Ability to optimise existing art, both internal and from third party sources
- Experience of shipping games on console
- Good modelling skills
- High-fidelity, realistic graphics to fit our art style and the standards of high-end PCs and consoles.
- Dependable, creative and resourceful
- Trouble-shooter, self-motivated
- Knowledge of Maya/Max, Photoshop, Substance Painter, Unity
- Team player, will be asked to help on multiple fronts
- Must already be fully eligible to work in the UK, we are unable to sponsor work permits/visas
- Liaise with the CEO, CTO, Senior Producer and Lead Designer to understand the work needed and distribute it across the Art team.
- Flesh out realistic, engaging visuals from briefs created by the Design team.
- Manage art team: schedule work, follow up, critique, troubleshoot
- Encourage and maintain best practices in the art pipeline, and review work accordingly, to keep the art optimised and ensure best rendering performance, as well as maintaining a high-quality bar and visual fidelity
- Manage outsourcers: identify assets needed, brief outsourcers, and review their work
- Document the art pipeline, to communicate it to the team and our publisher.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 417!