OPMs client is the largest VR developer in the world creating a true multi-platform AAA VR action shooter based on a global franchise.
They are kicking off development on new AAA VR projects, they are looking to recruit an experienced Lead Artist who can aid them in their mission!
As a Lead Artist, you'd guide the artists you manage in realizing the best possible visual quality. You'd champion the project’s artistic vision whilst ensuring compliance with the technical requirements, timeline, and budget. The Lead is responsible for keeping team’s focus and motivation by acting as an example for others to follow.
The Lead Artist reports to the Senior Lead Artist of the project.
- An established career in a Lead Artist role
- Experience of the full development cycle on console/PC titles
- Strong traditional art fundamentals, including the function of form and colour, proportions, shape, etc.
- Experienced in crafting content that meets both the creative aspiration of the team and needs of the product
- Highly skilled in agile development methods
- A master of Jira and Confluence to track and manage progress
- Can demonstrate an ability to own complex issues across disciplines and teams
- Demonstrable hands-on art skills and a desire to keep it that way
- A specialized field of knowledge, such as UI/Assets/Environments, etc
- Accountable for their team’s delivery of digital in-game art assets, anything from 3D meshes and textures for props, environments and characters to animations, shaders, lighting and UI
- Ensures their team complies with the project’s vision, visual style, and technical requirements
- Builds their team’s skills and expertise through mentoring in a way that facilitates motivation and creativity in the team
- Engages with the leads and production team in high-level planning of the project, ensuring their team’s deliverables meet project milestones
- Instigates high-level art-related decisions during the development of the project regarding art-related project risks
- Facilitates effective cooperation with other disciplines, notably: tech, design, and production
- Demonstrates a high level of creativity and originality in treatment of both licensed and original IP
- Keep up to date with relevant developments related to game art production in the market, current and future, following up on new technologies and tools when required
- Represent the studio to external stakeholders and other contacts
- Proactively identify skills and experience gaps in the project’s art team
- Assist the Creative Department Manager with the growth and development of the studio’s art team
- A company culture that values a healthy work-life balance
- Room to learn, grow and share your creative input
- Flexible working hours
- Pension plan
- Relocation assistance is offered.
- The latest VR hardware and titles which you can borrow and take home
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!