This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPM’s client is seeking a Lead Artist to join their passionate and talented team.
The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for all artwork and artists in the studio.
- Expertise with 3D software such as 3D Studio Max, Maya and Blender
- Expertise with 3D sculpting packages such as Zbrush or Mudbox
- Expertise with Photoshop or Substance Painter
- Background working and implementing artwork to a game engine such as Unreal or Unity
- Expertise with PRB material pipeline/substance
- Capable of producing high quality art assets in our game engine
- Capability to translate concept and reference artwork into high quality artwork
- In-depth understanding of the video game development process
- In-depth understanding of production pipelines
- Expert knowledge of best practice people management
- Wide ranging business knowledge of the company structure, operations and strategy
- General responsibility for all artwork and artists at the studio
- Hands-on contribution to artwork
- Collaborate with other development teams to overcome issues and produce the best game titles
- Plan and structure tasks and pipelines with efficiency
- Work closely with Head of Studio, Head of Art, Designers, Programmers and Producers to balance creative vision with production realities
- Design high quality assets in their entirety respecting as closely as possible the concept art
- Familiarise yourself with game design documentation and assets lists to understand your responsibility to create credible assets for the story
- Verify the quality of objects in the game, and make improvements where necessary to fit technical constraints and artistic direction
- Remain up to date with game artwork trends and influences
- Inspire and motivate the art team to achieve their best, driving artistic quality by example and successful team work, giving feedback and direction where needed
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!