As a member of a multidisciplinary development team, the Lead Artist will collaborate with the Studio Art Director to establish artistic goals for a given project(s). This position takes charge of following the art team’s work, coaching team members, and validating production outcomes while overseeing part of the development of the game.
- Prioritize and assign tasks to team members.
- Responsible for the quality of the models and ensure that they are produced on time.
- Communicate with other Leads and team members.
- Coordinates the work with different studios that collaborate in the same project.
- Model and texture high quality, high and low poly 3D content.
- Provide reviews to the Producer on the progress of the work carried out by the team.
- Suggest smart solutions when necessary so as to meet set objectives.
- Contribute to the development of the game’s content.
- Oversee the correction of the team’s bugs.
- Participate in performance follow ups in collaboration with the Producer.
- Estimate, plan, monitor and effectively prioritize tasks.
- Identify, communicate and manage risks and issues.
- Cooperate with Production stakeholders to define and deploy effective workflows, tools, and best practices.
- Contribute to Communications
- Communicate the vision of the project both internally and externally. Some international travel may be required.
- Collaborate with communications teams.
- Help to define a common visual style.
- Help handle communications with Vendors and Outsources.
- Proficient with all the tools required to deliver a Stunning world which includes, Textures, Lighting, Composition rules and world building rules.
- Strong grasp of procedural creation mindset of world creation .
- Helps drive Level Design according to pre-defined Design.
- Helps drive design requirements in-line with the Art Direction of the game
- Helps drive technical requirements for visual fidelity
As a Lead Artist , this role requires a Strong grasp AAA asset building techniques . A solid artistic eye that is sensitive to composition rules and aesthetics is used to drive the quality bar of the world.
- Extensive industry art / technical art experience.
- Shipped AAA open world games as a Lead/Senior Level Artist ( or its equivalent )
- Shipped AAA open world games using procedural systems
- Strong grasp of two or more domains (ie 3D Art, 2D Art, Technical Art, Lighting, Textures)
- Experience developing large-scale / open-world / sandbox games.
- Solid grasp of popular games and art direction in gaming generally.
- Up-to-date knowledge of trends in art production methodologies and tools.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Experience in recruiting and growing new teams and projects.
- Experience developing with Unity.
- AAA / console game development experience.
- Confident in prototyping and researching new art technology and techniques.
- Experience in (creating and/or configuring) rigging, lighting, shading, texturing.
- Proficiency in documentation and communication.
- Familiarity cooperating with outsourcing partners.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent formal qualification) in a relevant field.
- Working knowledge of Atlassian software development and collaboration tools.
- Experience working in diverse, multinational teams.
- Familiarity with Houdini and Substance.
- Experience with photogrammetry and associated rapid game art production pipelines / techniques.
- Practical experience using a variety of modern game engines and tools.
- Experience creating, commissioning and critiquing concept art.
- Interest in open-world games.
- Fluency in Dutch and Korean languages.