This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPM are working with a long-standing partner in the Games Industry looking for a talented and creative Lead Architect to join their studio.
The successful candidate will be a passionate, technically proficient programmer who understands the need for great attention to detail. They will be the driving force of their technical team, ensuring quality and consistency across both the Live and Internal development code structures.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Vast hands on experience of Live Service development.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written & verbal.
- Experience with and understanding of existing, modern, and emerging digital technologies.
- Good experience of managing a team.
- Capable of providing direction and guidance on architectural use cases and requirements.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree(s) in computer science, computer engineering, system analysis or a associated field of study or comparable business experience
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Outline the technical roadmap for all projects.
- Outline and implement the architecture & infrastructure strategy for projects and drive inter-project cooperation on technology decisions.
- Ensure architecture standards and guidelines are established and conveyed, making sure these are suitable for purpose
- Ensure that all systems are secure.
- Outline and deliver continuous improvement programmes so that, systems deliver an improved performance to Mm and their customers creating a culture of continual improvement and problem solving.
- Deliver analysis for technical options and alternatives, understanding technical risk analysis for the proposed solution.
- Help to design and maintain documentation for the code base to help QA understand the expected functionality and for aiding in on-boarding of other programmers.
- Drive the reuse of code, components, and proven patterns, where applicable.
- Gathering, generating, and analysing ideas and technologies to use across the business.
- Communicate architecture proposals and technical roadmap planning to both developers and executives at various phases of the product lifecycle.
- Experience with multiple platforms and at scale.
- Private health and life insurance
- Income protection
- Bonus scheme
- Free lunches
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 422!