This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Console and PC Games
OPM is proud to be working with an award-winning developer of premium games that entertain millions of gamers across the globe with amazing and immersive gaming experiences. They’re expanding the Animation team on one of their major titles based out of their Malmo studio.
The successful candidate will play a crucial role in character and creature animation, whilst driving a team of talented animators and technical animators. This is a rare opportunity to play an instrumental and leading role in a small but senior team working on an exciting Co-op Action FPS game.
- Professional experience delivering PC and Console titles in a senior or lead animation position.
- Strong understanding of creative principles and technical application.
- Great mentorship, interpersonal, and organisational skills.
- Ability to efficiently communicate, in both creative and technical terms.
- Plan, manage, organise, and review the work of the animation team to guarantee the highest quality
- Produce animations (and if relevant technical work), both as directional prototypes and to finished quality.
- Collaborate with the Game Director to define and preserve animation direction.
- Collaborate with Lead/Senior Designers to determine the animation requirements in all areas of the game.
- Collaborate with the Lead Artist and Character Artists to ensure characters can be realised to their full potential.
- Ensure that the integrity of the animations and character behaviours are realised as intended in the build via regular reviews, establishing issues and advising on implementation and technical solutions.
- Participate in animation system and tech design, pipeline improvements, and all animation related problem solving.
- Act as a role-model for the animation team by emphasising project and company goals, provide feedback on performance, mentoring and training the Animators to achieve the best of their ability.
- Act as a mentor, evangelist, and supporter of your team.
- Collaborate with the other leads to manage the development team, leading by example and reinforce the projects creative and business direction.
- Mo-cap, rigging, skinning, animation state trees and animation scripting.
- Familiarity with motion builder.
- Familiarity with facial animation, cinematography, cinematic related characters.
- Familiarity with multi-player related animation systems and open world games.
- Passionate about making games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
- Complete relocation support including VISA
- Competitive compensation package
- Free games!
- Massage every three weeks
- A variety of sports activities
- Health care allowance
- Pension Scheme
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214425!