This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Console & PC Games
Our client builds ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers. Our client is seeking a Lead Animator to join their growing team in Sheffield.
The successful candidate will be skilled in a wide range of animation styles and adept at producing dynamic and compelling animations, both hand-keyed and motion capture based. Ideally, you will have an established background as a Lead, but they will also consider someone with the right skills who is looking to advance their career.
- Deep understanding of modern game animation systems.
- Solid knowledge of animation principles and how they can be used to enhance gameplay.
- Comprehensive understanding of animation fundamentals for human and non-human characters.
- Demonstrable experience in making high quality animations, while preserving visual and functional specifications for game mechanics.
- Understanding of the character creation process from concept to final rigging.
- Superb knowledge of at least one popular 3d package such as Maya or 3DSMax.
- Great understanding of the game development process.
- Extensive professional experience with video games.
- A strong demo reel that adequately reflects your experience.
- Lead by example producing inspirational animation content and leadership for their AAA projects.
- Work as part of a team with other Lead Animators, pushing the quality and processes at the studio.
- Collaborate with the Animation Director in executing the animation style and direction for the project.
- Lead responsibilities including mentoring, scheduling, and R&D into new approaches.
- Generate clear documentation of approaches, both technical and creative for animation.
- Maintain a keen interest in industry developments and advancement in technology to ensure project pipelines stay up to date.
- Cooperate with discipline Leads ensuring that the work of the animation team is created in the most efficient and technically responsible manner.
- Responsibility for the delivery of high-quality hand keyed animation, from yourself and your team.
- Work with and understand Motion Capture data.
- Direct Mocap talent throughout character rehearsal and motion capture shoots.
- Adapt to a range of styles as the projects require.
- Create and meet production schedules and deadlines, for both yourself and your team.
- Provide input during the character creation process, from concept to final rigging, identifying character performance and functionality requirements.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the pipelines and procedures within the project/company.
- Game engine experience such as UE4.
- Fascination of games and current technical trends in the medium.
- Professional experience animating for FPS games.
- Professional experience using Mocap hardware and software.
- Professional experience using Motion Builder.
- Generous Holidays
- Regular Social Activities
- Studio Game Jams
- Complete relocation support
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214425!