Project: AAA Action Console & PC Games
This prestigious UK developer has an impressive back catalogue of action packed console and PC games, which have won numerous awards and reached both commercial and critical acclaim. We are looking for an experienced Lead Animator who is ready for the challenge of leading a team of world class Gameplay Animators towards their next 90+ Metacritic title while enforcing and informing the Animation Director’s vision of the project, holding reviews and providing feedback to the team, leading-by-example, and pushing the boundaries of animation in video games.
- Exceptional ability to lead.
- Experience in leading/managing internal and external teams (outsource is hugely beneficial).
- Good working knowledge of 3DSMax, Maya and Motion Builder.
- Sequencer, Kismet, Matinee and general UE4 experience is highly beneficial.
- Solid working knowledge of Excel and other MS Office products.
- Excellent knowledge of tracking and feedback software and tools such as Shotgun, OneNote, Trello is hugely beneficial.
- Exceptional communication skills, including morale, influence and motivation.
- Able to work well on their own to develop ideas, vision and direction for the team, as well as work as part of the larger team.
- Self-motivated to learn new techniques and methods.
- Strong ability of writing clear, detailed documentation.
- Strong animation background.
- Work closely with the Animation Director to Lead the Gameplay Animation teams into producing world-class animation
- As a team create a schedule/roadmap for the Gameplay Animation teams, delivering across the stages of the project.
- Manage the Gameplay Animation backlogs, bugs and risks in an effective manner, to ensure smooth running of the department throughout the project.
- Scope, manage and run the Outsource plans for Gameplay Animation, when required.
- Create, oversee and keep updated on all relevant documentation for the project(s).
- Responsible for setting, maintaining and enforcing file names and folder structures.
- Ability to interview and hire exceptional members of staff when staffing plans need addressing.
- Being able to be one of the spokespersons for Animation in-house or external, regarding PR and external partners is beneficial (when need be).
- Organise and regularly hold Gameplay Animation staff 121’s.
- Ensure high working morale of the Gameplay Animation teams.
- Be a role model for all members of the Animation teams by emphasising project and company goals and providing regular feedback on personal performance.
- Be a mentor for junior members of the team.
- Distribute workloads to members of staff according to their individual skill sets in a bid to achieve the best results possible.
- Encourage/promote new learnings from members of staff – including areas that sit outside of Animation.
- Having a keen interesting in developing and executing high quality Facial Animation
- Being able to get hands on with animation, if/when needed
- Contributory pension scheme
- Discretionary performance bonus scheme
- Long-service holiday reward
- Quarterly salary adjustment reviews
- Staff only merchandise store
- National Rail Season Ticket Travel Loan
- Overseas Relocation Support
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214425!
Salary and benefits will be discussed at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.