Job Type: Permanent
Project: AAA Games
Our client is dedicated to crafting team-based games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork. They’ve forged enduring experiences within some of gaming’s most beloved franchises over the years and are now entering a bold new era fuelled by ambitious projects utilising both established and original IP, a move into self-publishing and expansion into new locations.
- Experience using 3D animation software, such 3DS Max / Character Studio
- Able to show stylised human animations as well as mechanical animations such as weapons in your demo reel
- Desire to collaborate with game designers, programmers and artists
- Good working knowledge of game development workflows, engines (eg. Unreal), processes and tools
- Understanding of character preparation from modelling, rigging and skinning
- A great team player, able to communicate, learn from and teach others in a respectable manner.
- Previous experience managing an experienced character animation team
- Collaborate with Art and Design Directors to create a technically sound, engaging and memorable game
- Get to grips with their proprietary animation tool and provide regular feedback on how to improve it
- Working with programmers, artists and designers to contribute to the implementation of animations into the game
- Testing, reviewing and iterating upon animations to fine tune them to the highest quality
- Demonstrate strong keyframe animation ability paying particular attention to making sure animations support the fast-paced nature of the game
- Manage the animation team including holding regular 1-2-1s, setting objectives, looking after the team’s welfare and providing mentoring
- Demonstrate a knowledge of working with and capturing Mocap data, while understanding the full pipeline.
- VISA and Relocation assistance if required
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family
- Mental health support
- 24/7 employee assistance helpline offering advice and support on a range of topics, including health, relationships, finances, and the law
- 25 days of annual leave, plus 8 public holidays
- Industry-leading fully-paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
- Enhanced company pension contributions
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call us directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214425!