This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Console/PC FPS
Our client is seeking an experienced Lead Animator, who enjoys working in interdisciplinary teams in a fast-paced atmosphere. The successful candidate will join the team on a new F2P multiplayer shooter full of innovation.
- Extensive professional experience in game production
- Excellent understanding of Maya
- Solid understanding of gameplay animation and its surrounding systems
- Strong leadership skills with experience in a management role
- Extremely strong key frame animation skills and experience with motion capture
- Familiarity with game engines, preferably Unreal Engine, Animation Blueprints in particular
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, delegate and make alterations to meet deadlines under production conditions
- Solid verbal and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge sharing attitude and ability to mentor less experienced people
- Passionate about gaming
- Lead the creation of engaging and believable in-game animations, working closely together with animation dept. and other disciplines of the team
- Communicate goals and values to the team and ensure the team’s work is pulling in the right direction
- Work closely with art direction and creative direction to ensure a high quality of animation that supports the vision of the game
- Provide feedback for animators and ensure the animation vision is consistent across different features
- Troubleshoot and solve technical production issues
- Quickly master in-house tools and drive improvements
- Oversee the maintenance of animations after they are implemented, taking strong responsibility for the final result of a feature.
- Work closely with other disciplines in small interdisciplinary teams in order to achieve features that are more than the sum of their parts
- Estimate high level goals and provide solutions to high level problems in planning, ensure team members have clear goals and know the deadlines and technical restrictions.
- Play a significant role in review cycles, both in providing feedback for co-workers and improving based on feedback from team members
- Motivate, mentor and spread knowledge to other team members, animation dept. in particular.
- Professional experience with first person animation and/or creature animation
- Knowledge of animation trees and state machines as a whole
- Knowledge of Motion Builder
- Basic rigging and skinning understanding
- Basic scripting and/or programming understanding
- Relocation bonus
- Occupational pension scheme
- Job Ticket for public transportation system
- Flexible working hours
- In-house massage
- Gym membership
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 425!