This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Our client is currently looking for a Lead 3d Artist to work on upcoming high quality projects with Unreal Engine. You will lead a team of 3d Artists and two outsourcing managers who are managing external teams. You will be part of the art team, reporting directly to the Technical Art Director.
Important for this key role is always having an understanding of the vision for the whole game and the capability to communicate it and control the execution.
- Manage 3d asset production from our internal team (props/vehicles/weapons/buildings…), giving visual feedback and validating also technical aspects.
- Manage outsourcing managers taking care of work done by external studios, and make sure that style/quality/technical requirements are on par with the work done internally.
- Communicate/coordinate with other department leads, define priorities and make sure that dependencies with other departments are considered.
- You must have a good and clear vision of all the work which needs to be achieved in the 3d department for the whole game, and plan and prioritize accordingly, not only think about daily feedback sessions with your team.
- Maintain and improve assets creation workflow by always researching new tools/technologies/ways of working having the potential of increasing quality and efficiency.
- Reporting directly to the technical art director
- Shipped at least 1 title as a lead 3d artist + shipped 3 or more games as 3d artist.
- Extensive experience at a game studio working as a senior 3d artist.
- Team management experience, able to give feedbacks on respect of style/quality and technical constraints.
- Able to work on different visual styles from Realistic to stylized.
- Strong knowledge of technical constraints related to 3d real time engines.
- Strong hard surface modeling, ability to create hard surface props.
- Strong ability to sculpt organic shapes.
- Proficient in the high poly, low poly baking workflow
- Proficient in creating efficient Mapping, minimizing seams and distortion
- Proficient in Zbrush, 3DS Max, Substance Painter, Photoshop.
- Selfmotivated, technical problem solver.
- Experience with Substance designer, World machine, Marvelous designer, Speedtree.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4.
- Having notions of lighting.
- Having worked on xbox and playstation games before, not only PC.