Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
Game Server Engineer – AAA Games – Netherlands
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: #1490 Posted: 2 years ago
OPM is excited to be working with this leading AAA games developer based in the Netherlands. With over a decade’s experience in the games industry, they have grown into a multicultural team of over 200 people that have strived to achieve technical and artistic excellence in their games.
we are currently recruiting for a Game Server Developer:
- you will build a robust backend that can scale up to serve many concurrent users;
- You will work on systems like matchmaking, tournaments, clans and leaderboards;
- You will cooperate with game designers to achieve the vision for the game;
- You will work on systems to test and deploy a new server set without downtime;
- You will integrate the game servers with the PlayStation Network and other third party services;
- You will keep up to date with the Java world and introduce new technologies when they are relevant for Guerrilla;
- If you are comfortable with C++, you can help integrate the back end services in the game client;
- Fluent in Java and are comfortable working on a large code base;
- Have a firm grasp on software design and architecture, and enjoy writing code that is both maintainable and performant;
- A deep understanding of web-related technologies (e.g. HTTP, REST, Message Queuing);
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a good command of the English language;
- A helpful, solution minded approach;
- Have an interest in online gaming.
Categories: Programming , Technical