Job Title: IT Technician
Job Location: Leamington Spa, UK
Job Type: Permanent
OPM is working with a growing independent game developer based in the heart of the Midlands.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the smooth operation of their workstations, servers and cloud infrastructure.
They will face challenges daily and will be key in supporting the development technologies which are used to create their games. They will have the opportunity to evolve the IT infrastructure and support the expansion of their studio.
- Experience in a similar role or a relevant University degree
- Experience administering and configuring Windows 10
- Strong knowledge of the key components in a desktop computer and the ability to construct a PC from component parts
- An understanding of the key security risks which may affect a business and its IT operations.
- Ability to setup and configure server-side technology (such as a web-server, database or version control system).
- Enjoy working with a lot of different technologies and have a keen desire to learn new ones.
- Have a strong passion for games
- Tackling general hardware and software support tickets from the team.
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and solve software faults.
- Build and configure new workstations, development hardware and server solutions.
- Perform regular audits of equipment and software licenses.
- Evaluate new technology and maintain recommended specifications for development hardware and infrastructure.
- Manage user accounts and permissions, and be responsible for end-user security, including the removal of spyware and deployment of effective anti-virus solutions.
- Maintain backup processes and ensure that backups can be restored successfully.
- Configure a range of server-based software systems (including databases, web servers and developer tools such as Perforce and Confluence).
- Analyse system logs and performance metrics of servers in order to identify potential issues.
- Assess the security risks of software systems, the firewall and network. You will configure security features (such as SSL) and keeps server versions current.
- Monitor key performance, scalability and reliability metrics for IT infrastructure.
- Microsoft Technology Associate, greater or equivalent qualification
- Competent with Linux system administration
- Experience managing IT infrastructure in AWS or other cloud-based providers
- Ability to write basic computer scripts in a language such as PowerShell or python.
- Experience with automation software such as puppet or chef and documents the set-up and configuration of IT systems
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 422!