Project: Multi-Platform Games
OPM is working with a unique independent studio looking to expand its highly experienced team in Manchester. They are developing and bringing world-class games to market focusing on new IP creations. This will be done through co-development opportunities and working on future-facing platforms which means further expansion into different genres of games and technologies.
They are looking for a self-motivated part-time HR Manager, to help support a gifted team of games developers. The successful candidate will take responsibility for building the HR function of the studio by creating, adapting and implementing new processes, policies and best practices.
- Level 5 CIPD qualified
- Excellent and up to date understanding of HR practices and employment law, payroll and benefits.
- Comfortable and confident when dealing with difficult or sensitive situations and managing conflict.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills, able to prioritise and coordinate many ongoing tasks
- Good administration skills, paying attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be proactive
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and provide comprehensive guidelines for all staff, ensuring we are adhering to legal requirements
- First point of contact for all internal and external HR queries
- First point of contact for managers for all employee queries, including support with all HR issues
- Management of sickness and absence across the studio with an emphasis on developing an absence management policy and process flow
- Ensure HR compliance with GDPR and conduct regular compliance audits
- Compile HR Reports and data as requested
- Managing, identifying and creating HR processes, policies and procedures, including rolling out to managers and employees and providing support and training where necessary
- Support managers with employee performance management including probation periods, regular and ad hoc performance reviews
- Identifying training needs company-wide and coordinate training and development requirements
- Supporting the recruitment where necessary to help ensure smooth and effective recruitment and selection process helping implement any policies and support to avoid any potential HR issues arising
- Create and manage a leavers process including all paperwork and exit interviews
- First point of contact for benefit vendors
- Conducting and providing support to managers in relation to grievances, performance reviews and disciplinary actions
- Maintaining records related to grievances, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions
- Complete any ad hoc HR tasks as necessary to ensure business and employees are fully supported and business legally compliant
- Maintaining HR files and databases ensuring all records are accurate and up to date
- Identify beneficial HR system for operational needs and be responsible for implementing this company-wide
- Improve line management capability through coaching and advising
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!