Job Title – Head of People and Talent
Job Location – London
Job Type – Permanent
Salary – £Neg
My client is an innovative and passionate game developer who are looking for a Head of People and Talent to join their busy team.
The Head of People & Talent will provide leadership and oversee the development and delivery of the People strategy. The position manages the provision of effective and professional Human Resource services and advice including the design and implementation of policies, practices and strategic initiatives to ensure skilled and motivated people are recruited, retained and promoted in every area of the organisation.
The Head will contribute regularly to organisational learning and strategy development, be an active member of the organisational management group, and will be responsible for senior level decision making and both day to day management and strategic direction of the People Team.
- Developing People planning strategies, which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements;
- Develop and implement an annual agenda for People strategy in line with the business plan. Ensure People plans support the needs of the business but are also flexible enough to cope with changes in the business, as and when they occur
- Provide information and reports on data such as staff turnover, references, cost per hire, training hours per person, etc.
- Provide advice on and administer maternity and paternity leave cases. Responsible for resource planning for maternity re-joiners
- Conduct training needs analysis and designs and implement a training plan with input from business heads. Manage costs to budget.
- Ensure all staff receive performance reviews in accordance with the company’s policies and monitor probationary periods
- Deal with any performance or grievance issues in a legally compliant and professional way
- Ensure all policies and procedures are up to date and legally compliant.
- Provide day to day advice to line managers on all human resource issues: management of staff, remuneration, etc.
- Review all staff salaries and make recommendations for pay rises in consultation with Managers/CXO’s. Implement any increases and promotions.
- Maintain a succession plan for all departments
- Involvement in all redundancy consultations
- Conduct occupational health referrals and providing pastoral support and advice to employees
- Facilitating the yearly salary reviews process
- Experience within the Games Industry
- Leadership of a multi-disciplined HR team, specifically within an HRBP model, with coaching and mentoring skills
- Operating in a senior management capacity, showing integrity, resilience and the ability to work independently
- Can quickly establish credibility, respect and build strong working relationships with senior managers through collaboration and consultation
- Experience of transforming a business and defining its culture and behaviours
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills, with the ability to challenge thinking
- Demonstrates an excellent knowledge of UK employment law and is able to apply this in a commercially focused and pragmatic fashion
- Has strong management and organisation development skills and experience
- Is able to understand business priorities and adapt People plans quickly presenting pragmatic solutions to new situations as they arise
- Commercially aware and able to apply understanding of company finances to push back and support managers to resource, develop and manage their teams
- Is able to remain calm, focused and make sensible decisions in a fast paced, ambiguous environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work at both a strategic and operational level without ego
- Great central London location
- Working in a fun and creative environment
- Possibility for flexible working hours
- 22+ days holiday per year and then increasing by one day after every year up to a maximum of 25 days
- Fully stocked kitchen with free food and drinks
- Healthcare cover for eligible employees
- Childcare vouchers
And many more…