This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Projects: Indie Games
OPM are working with a well-established UK developer steeped in history, awards, and success. They have developed on multiple platforms and through continued growth they are looking for a Head of Programming to join their team on newest projects.
The successful candidate will take full ownership of the technical direction and leadership of the team, ensuring that the framework is in place to allow the growth plans for the studio.
- Outstanding leadership and management skills.
- Outstanding scheduling and execution skills.
- Brilliant communication skills, especially regarding technical problems.
- Exceptional knowledge of programming languages such as C++ & C#.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to go start a project and see it through to the end.
- Strong technical problems solving ability.
- Take a key role in the growth of the programming team and the studio as well as working closely with your counterpart their other studios to further enhance the company framework for code.
- Develop and drive the tech vision for the studio and stay up to date with developments and methodology in the technical world.
- Maintain the structure, growth, development, and scalability of the programming team with succession plans, risk monitoring and clear-cut roles and responsibilities.
- Lead by example by being approachable, regularly providing communication, feedback, and performance reviews of your department, whilst allocating opportunities appropriately.
- Manage and maintain relationships across departments as well as with external partners, customers, and suppliers.
- Management, prioritisation, and delivery of tasks applicable to your level and the situation with balanced delegation and involvement across the team.
- Develop documented practices for tools, tech, onboarding, management, recruitment, development, and training of staff within the programming team.
- Oversee and maintain the process and framework for delivery of quality output both internally and to external partners from those in your department.
- Make key decisions to ensure that any adjustments that are made are prioritised accordingly & communicated clearly to all relevant departments with an agreed proposal that ensures projects are delivered on time and in full.
- Private medical insurance.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Employee share scheme.
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Flexible start and finish times with an option of some remote working.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!