As a vital member of the Brand and Content Marketing team, the Community Manager will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and will define and deliver strategies that drive the growth, engagement and positive sentiment of Hutch’s game communities.
Our client is a dynamic games studio based in Central London. Founded on a wealth of traditional game development experience, blending a bunch of people who are talented and passionate about making the best free to play games.
Their goal is to create the best racing games for mobile. They believe small, focused and empowered teams build the best games and they work hard to maintain an open, transparent and self-determined culture.
- Grow and nurture the community for one FTP mobile racing title.
- Execute the player community strategy and work with the Head of Social to develop this.
- Take responsibility for communication via all community-channels (boards, Social Media, blogs) and keep players up to date.
- Write engaging copy and generate great content ideas and social campaigns /calendars tailored for each channel, working collaboratively with game teams and the Head of Social.
- Proactively seek dialogue with our players, inform, listen, prepare the community’s feedback and deliver input to the game and marketing creative key stakeholders.
- Run the in-game and web forums, establishing an efficient and scalable strategy for moderation to ensure our communities are friendly and collaborative.
- Be the bond between the game team and players and work closely with key stakeholders to help develop new game features that are designed around the community’s preferences and play-patterns.
- Execute strategic communications and delivery of (live) production initiatives to drive community engagement (see Hutch TV, live-streaming, events, contests, surveys, etc).
- Own regular reporting of the impact of key releases and other initiatives on community sentiment.
- Support player research initiatives providing insights from within the game communities.
Your Skills & Experience:
- Ideally, you will have a love for games, cars and motorsport.
- Highly self-motivated.
- A knowledge of our competitor’s community initiatives and the desire/ capability to take Hutch to the next level.
- Advanced knowledge of Social Media platforms and tools (inc. services such as twitch.tv), as well as good skills in creating social media content.
- An understanding of statistics and key KPI measurements relevant for community management and social media.
- A diplomatic and professional approach, able to gather and share information in an energetic and inclusive manner, while dealing effectively with challenging situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong problem solving and organisation skills.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in Communications, Media or Marketing.