This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Multiplatform Games
OPM are working with a well-established UK developer steeped in history, awards, and success. They have developed and published various games, across multiple platforms and are seeking a Head of Community to play a key role in future business growth strategy.
The successful candidate collaborates with the Head of Campaigns, their network of external partners and the internal studio teams. You will plan, build, and produce world-class communications activities ensuring that their games connect with audiences worldwide and are a commercial success.
- Substantial experience of leading communications, promotions and/or PR teams.
- Passionate about gaming and the games industry.
- Proven background in building, developing and inspiring teams of marketing professionals, especially concerning community, influencer, PR, and customer service teams.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of marketing including product positioning, market research, consumer promotions, online innovation, and creative development.
- Deep knowledge of and experience working in direct-to-consumer digital businesses.
- Great mentorship skills and the desire to help team members in their development.
- Excellent communication skills across all levels and the ability to represent the consumer throughout the product development and go-to-market process.
- Keen eye for detail and deadlines.
- Reliability, confidentiality, and self-motivation.
- Collaborate with the Head of Publishing and Head of Campaigns to deliver the objectives of the marketing department, aligned to that of the company, to achieve the company’s goals.
- Act as the source of constant improvement, innovation, motivation and learning for marketing campaigns.
- Act as the strategic and motivational force behind the delivery of their brand communications and promotional work, leading the Community, PR, and Customer Support teams to deliver on strategic plans and go-to-market activities.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Analytics teams, monitor market trends and competitor movements to inform their marketing approach whilst ensuring that the company remains at the forefront of innovation in its creativity and thinking.
- Along with the Head of Campaigns, lead research into consumer markets to identify opportunities and key issues for the market, providing actionable insights which, along with historical learnings, support effective marketing tactics.
- Overall accountability for ensuring the community, influencer and PR projects generate high demand and drive optimal revenues.
- Create and maintain first class 1st party platform holder relationships, ensuring regular communication of plans to maximise marketing support.
- Collaborate with the Head of Campaigns to deliver evaluation and analytics for overall marketing campaigns as part of the post-mortem process, providing key learnings that can be applied to future campaigns.
- Overall responsibility for the marketing promotions and lifecycle budget, ensuring allocation of investment against growth opportunities is optimised.
- With the Head of Campaigns, accountability for the overall success of the global marketing campaigns and their creative quality and execution.
- Be a key part of the greenlight team, bringing consumer insights to the product acquisition process.
- Develop opportunities with partners to maximise co-marketing efforts.
- Attend consumer and media events within the UK or overseas as necessary as an ambassador for the company and their partners.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 427!