This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Job Title: Head of Client Engineering
Job Location: London, UK
Job Type: Permanent
OPM are partnered with a fantastic F2P Games Development Studio based in Central London to seeking a new Head of Client Engineering as they take on more exciting projects.
They are a collective of passionate designers, engineers and artists who all share the same obsession: making action-packed, visually stunning games that can be played and enjoyed by everyone. They develop these games from instinctive, aspirational ideas and themes.
- Solid technical design and engineering skills including, proficiency in C# and Unity and in-depth knowledge of mobile platforms
- Excellent leadership skills including experience of managing a team of engineers
- Extensive experience with mobile, console & PC development
- Shipped multiple titles having gone through the full development cycle, and preferably beyond to post-release support including updates and DLC
- A passion for making mobile games and exploring new ways of making games
- Foster and reinforce a culture of engineering brilliance across the team and ensure that development practices and technology choices align with the company’s goals.
- Work with the engineering team to identify, support and feedback on their development goals, and utilise hiring best practices to grow the team as required.
- Work with the CTO, engineering heads and the Tools & Technology team where necessary to architect and coordinate the company’s technical vision across all current and future titles.
- Work with Technical Leads and senior engineers to identify current and future challenges, and design, implement and roll out shared technology solutions across the studio.
- Identify development areas requiring additional focus and support as and when required to support the realisation of the company’s goals, and track and manage any technical debt across the projects and shared code.
- Have a holistic understanding of the requirements of all the studio’s projects.
- Identify and evaluate potential technologies and tools for adoption by the company, including those required to meet business requirements.
- Ensure the engineering roadmap is appropriately resourced and scoped across the studio in response to changing circumstances and market conditions.
- Be a point of contact for all engineering queries both from within the engineering team and elsewhere in the company.
- Ensure continuity of delivery of builds as required by the teams and evolve build delivery both for QA and distribution to players.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 422!