Job Title – Head of Communications – Console and PC Games – Cambridge
Job Location – Cambridge
Job Type – Permanent
Salary – Excellent plus benefits
Job ID –
Our client is currently looking for an experienced Head of Communications to join their successful and growing Publishing team, bringing their skills and expertise to drive the continued success of existing franchises, launch new high-profile AAA games and develop all aspects of marketing communications for the studio.
- Lead and build a growing Communications team and facilitate the recruitment and on-boarding of new team members
- Demonstrate expertise and mentorship across all communications disciplines such as Community Management, Social Media, PR, Email and Influencer Management.
- Develop a unified and global communications strategy for the studio and its games
- Work closely with development and publishing teams to ensure marketing communications are impactful, meaningful and measurable
- Act as the champion for editorial tone, style and quality for all outbound communications
- Use strong data and metrics experience to build and enhance our studio-wide communications strategy
- Conceptualise engaging campaigns to support our product launches, updates and on-going communications
- Bring a wealth of experience in working with external agencies and suppliers and nurture and grow relationships with a variety of existing partners
- Deliver industry-leading content from relevant consumer/trade events throughout the year.
- Outstanding editorial and verbal communication skills.
- Creative thinker
- Effective multi-tasker
- A passion for and knowledge of video games
- Numerate with ability to interpret and define metrics
- A strong team player who enjoys a fast-paced work environment.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role required with demonstrable success.
- Team management and leadership experience.
- Campaign management experience and delivery on large, multi-tiered campaigns with good organisation and planning skills.
- Good knowledge of marketing tools, social analytics and sentiment analysis with experience of identifying, setting and developing metrics to measure communications effectiveness and sentiment.
- Experience in managing budgets and effective negotiations with external suppliers.
- Experience in a similar role within the digital entertainment industry and preferably within video games
- Experience or knowledge of additional marketing disciplines such as events management or product marketing.
- Project Management platform experience – preferably Jira/Confluence
- Experience in creating contracts and work orders with 3rd party suppliers.