OPM is excited to be working with this leading AAA games developer based in the Netherlands. With over a decade’s experience in the games industry, they have grown into a multicultural team of over 200 people that have strived to achieve technical and artistic excellence in their games.
They’re currently looking for an experienced Hard Surface Artist to join their team.
Key Accountabilities /Responsibilities
- You will support the asset art team, ensuring that all assets function correctly in game and meet all technical requirements.
- Setting up hero asset briefings, maintaining and updating them during process of asset creation.
- You will collaborate with the asset art team to determine the asset requirements and work alongside the tech team to produce production specifications.
- Work with the Tech Team to develop long-term strategies to automate asset art production.
- You will research and develop new asset creation techniques to optimize workflows whilst retaining the highest quality possible.
- You will maintain a universally high standard of quality on all assets through regular reviews and feedback.
- Attend team meetings to discuss art related issues, work progress.
- Implementing Assets in our Engine for reviewing purposes
- Troubleshoot problems on reintegration of outsourced assets.
- Infrequently, you will produce or modify assets as the need arises.
- Contribute to any part of the Hard surface production Pipeline when necessary
- You have an advanced understanding of Maya, Zbrush, photoshop.
- You have an excellent understanding of modelling for games, animation and deformation (clean Topology and EdgeFlow)
- You have advanced skills in producing high quality Texturing/Materials in given resource guidelines.
- You have a professional attitude, you are a good team player and can solve problems on your own initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- You have an excellent technical and artistically understanding of creating assets from mockup to final in game integration.
- You are articulate, have strong written and verbal communication skills and a good command of the English language.
- You are someone who keeps up to date with the latest tools and techniques.
- You embrace feedback and critique and work well under pressure.
- You are self-organized and know how to manage your time efficiently.
- Ability to meet deadlines under tight schedules
- Experience with scripting in Maya
- Experience in Substance Painter/Designer
- Making Tools to optimize production
- Understanding of human and animal Anatomy
- Experience working with outsource studios